: 0 Items |
Toll Free 1-855-233-1600 Local 732-290-1677 Fax 732-290-1688
Hearing Aid - Batteries
Midland Alert Weather Radio with Vibrator and Strobe
"Get vibrating and visual weather and hazard alerts"
PLACE YOUR ORDER
Item ships upon availability
Email a Friend
Receives weather and hazard alerts
Alerts with loud tone, LED light, and LCD display message
Use daily as an alarm clock with snooze
AC power (adapter included) with battery backup
This set adds a vibrator and strobe for notification
The Silent Call Midland Alert Weather Radio with Vibrator and Strobe package includes the base weather alert radio, plus adds comprehensive vibrating and strobe notification of weather and hazard alerts. It's great for the deaf and hearing impaired.
WEATHER ALERT RADIO:
The Midland Alert Weather Radio continuously monitors the around-the-clock broadcasts transmitted from National Weather Service offices across the country. This network of combined All Hazard National Weather Radio stations is the most immediate source for comprehensive weather and instantaneous emergency information, in advance of television and radio bulletins. In addition, it functions as an everyday alarm clock with snooze.
The Midland Alert Weather Radio has an innovative automatic alert system. When a severe weather or special emergency statement is broadcast, the monitor is automatically activated along with a loud tone, an LED light, and an alert message on the LCD display. Severe weather alerts include tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, ice/snowstorms, and other severe weather. Special emergency bulletins include information about Amber Alerts, explosions, fires, or hazardous chemical spills.
The weather radio utilizes Specific Area Message Encoding (S.A.M.E.), which allows you to enter local county codes and eliminate alerts that are not within your programmed Specific Area. For example, if you only want to be informed of alerts within your county, enter only your county code. If you want to be informed about neighboring counties, you can enter those codes as well.
PLEASE NOTE: The National Weather Service has a toll-free number to obtain S.A.M.E. county codes: 888-NWS-SAME (888-697-7263). You can also visit their NOAA Weather Radio web page to obtain S.A.M.E. county codes.
FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:
- High-performance receiver monitors U.S. Emergency All Hazards, and Emergency Alert System (EAS) weather bulletins, warnings, and forecasts
- Receives all National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reports, which provides all available emergency advisories on tornadoes, severe thunderstorms, floods, evacuations, civil danger warnings, and more
- Flexible programming— select SAME broadcasts in up to 25 counties
- Clock displays time and has alarm and snooze functions
- Telescopic antenna provides maximum range reception up to 50 miles
- Antenna folds down for easy transport
- External power jack allows use of AC adapter (included) or DC cigarette lighter power cord (optional) to run off a car or boat battery
- Battery backup uses 3 AA alkaline batteries
- External alert jack allows use of other alerting devices (see Related Products below)
- LED-backlit display
- Low battery level indicator
- Dimensions: 5.5" x 2.0" x 6.0" (130mm x 50mm x 152mm)
The Strobe accessory gives you a reliable visual notification when your weather radio receives important weather and hazard alerts.
The Vibrator accessory to your Midland Alert Weather Radio gives you a reliable vibrating notification when your weather radio receives important weather and hazard alerts.
Category: Holidays 2011
Category: Winter Safety
Search Related Products
Copyright © 2004-2022 Maxi-Aids, Inc. All Rights Reserved.